Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thurday is Friday Today

Good Evening Reader!

You find me writing this from the Property Empire at the Thursday open viewing. Today we had another couple, following on from the 3 on Sunday, so hopefully one of them will want to buy it. They asked about what was under the laminate flooring. I made my best guess of 'rolls of foamy stuff' and that seemed to placate them. I was further cheered up as Lydia insisted that I drop by the offies on the way home and pick up some Friday beer. (Today is Friday as I have Friday off work therefore Thursday was Friday for me today.)

Today at work I managed to inadvertently upset 2 of my US of A work colleagues by answering their question about how many days holiday we get a year. I told them and they were frankly shocked! I work out as having twice as many as one of them. They are a few years (actually, quite a few) older than me and I think they are upset. I suppose that having the same languages leads us to often fail to remember we have 2 separate countries, 2 different political systems and legal systems. They make Star Trek and we do Doctor Who.

On a non-political note – Mrs Fridge has finally grown into a cardigan that we once thought was ridiculously big. She has no more sore heads and I think she is leaning towards a craving. Just a few days ago she got through a family packet of crisps in minutes, not that was any different from normal behaviour; it was more to do with what she shoved down her throat immediately after that. Mrs Fridge hungrily devoured a family pack of pre-cut pineapple. I was not even offered any! When she finished she breathed in. Mr Fridge noted that she came home yesterday with some more but has yet to eat it. Hmmm. Watch this space.

Other great news: Mr and Mrs POD, who live on the Inner Hebrides, are expecting baby Number 2 in October. Congratulations to them! December is truly a good and busy month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Poohy....I want and deserve more vacation/holidays!! what a crock!! But I forgive you, Mr. Fridge!! Tis, not your fault...I'll just have to enjoy the holiday breaks through you! COWGIRL