Monday, April 28, 2008

Good Idea Guru Mr Fridge Then Terrible Mr Fridge!

Mr Fridge is sometimes amazed by his own sublime genius! He has been occasionally been sensitive to drinking weekend beer in front of Mrs Fridge, who due to expanding Ice Cube, obviously can not enjoy a weekend beer and it was making me feel guilty. So when I took my weekly guilt ridden trip to the offies, last Friday to buy some bottles of Beck’s, I had the ingenious inspiration to buy Mrs Fridge 6 bottles of alcohol free beer! Mrs Fridge can take her usual 4 hours of her 275ml and I can rattle through mine! (Mrs Fridge bumped into a male work friend, on Saturday, who, rightly, commented that this was genius. I had a guilt free beer weekend, which is always good when drinking.

Mr Fridge also gave Mrs Fridge a bit of a fright on Saturday night/Sunday morning! At 02.30am Mr Fridge was dreaming that we had moved into a new house in the country and had awoke to go down to water the plants (no euphemism here, I really was dreaming that I was going down the stairs to water the plants). I noted the linoleum on the stairs and thought I would need to get that removed and a carpet put down. I watered the plants and returned to the hall where there were 4 people in blue boiler suits emptying the place of its contents!!!! The man and woman were carrying my old TV up the stairs! (I dunno) As I ran to intercept (brave hero, I know) I shouted to Lesley up the stairs to, “Call the police! Call the Police!” Apparently I felt so strongly that I woke myself up with my shouting the same words and I was frightening the hell out of Mrs Fridge!!! Poor thing, I had to calm her worried calls and tell her I was shouting to help her and it was my dream. Her wee heart was pounding away!

Mrs Fridge made a lovely Omelet this evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD HEAVENS!! You have some wild dreams...and the fact you even remember them astonishes even me as I don't recall mine anymore....must be "old age"! Poor Mrs. Fridge - you gave her a fright!!

Virgin Beer...hmmm....not very interesting... ;)

USA COWGIRL