Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday : Parking Ticket Update


Happy Wednesday! I got the mail back from ncp, sorry, City of Edinburgh Council Parking Services (in Worthing, BN11 9FR I don't think so!) and through what I think is a rather cheeky reply in parts : 'The responsibility rest with each driver to check relevant signs and carriageway markings before leaving their vehicle' says A.Worker of ncp, sorry City of Edinburgh Council Parking Services. But as I pointed out that in my appeal email, 'I quickly found another Parking Attendant and queried why I had the ticket. He was very pleasant and helpful and came to have a look. As we approached my car he noted that it was parked on a bus stop which was has a thicker yellow line, but as we got closer he noticed that there was no notification of the changes to parking regulations, relating to Sunday parking on the bus stops, thicker yellow lines and the date that the changes had come into effect. He then went on to say that the ticket should not have been issued as that sign was clearly not visible or even evident.'. ncp - doh - I did it again! City of Edinburgh Council Parking Services then say, 'However, it has been established that the signage at the above location does not meet the statutory requirements. Therefore, the parking ticket has been withdrawn and cancelled on this occasion.' No apologies and I don;t have a good feeling n the letter. Still - they try to get money and it has cost them and me time.


Me 1. ncp 0. Or is that City of Edinburgh Council Parking Services? I am so against a community service being outsourced and run by a for profit company!


Other body hair news! My wife, Mrs Fridge, teels me she needs to shave my back! Smashing.

No comments: