Thursday, November 22, 2007

First Post - Steve M

Hello!

Welcome to my blog! That said, if no-one ever reads this . . . never mind.

First thing is the football in England last night. As an Scots person I really felt for the fans as the players did not respect them paying, travelling there and sitting in the rain to watch them not try very hard. I feel for Steve McLaren a but.

Steve McLaren. Sacked as the England football coach after his teams dismal performance against Croatia at home in Wembley last night and losing 3-2 leading to England not taking the opportunity given to them after the Israel Russia game at the weekend. I am not sure they have sacked the right person : true the buck stops with those in charge but when you have a group of players who don't seem to interested in playing outside of their money spinning club games. They had no passion, spark, drive, spirit or determination as demonstrated by the other home nations (How did the referee and linesman give that foul to Italy the other week against Scotland I'll never know!?!?!). I had an English friend described them as, "useless over-paid idiots" (I have changed one word to, 'idiots' as a stronger word was used). What more can I say? The players did not perform. (I am tempted to ask where the spirit of '66 was). Well, I was trying to find out the score of Northern Ireland last night when watching the BBC but they did not mention it : did they directors and presenters forget as they wailed at the start of the guilt hunt which resulted in MrMcLaren's sacking today. BBC or EBC? Another issue altogether.

That's my first post and off I go for tea.

FridgeHair

No comments: