Monday, March 31, 2008

Mr Fridge Weekend

Hello Reader.

Mr Fridge has had a busy old weekend! Shopping at Farmer's market for all the best, local and fresh products, then home and off to Paisley to meet old school friends to watch Rangers play Celtic in the pub to help decide the top of the league then off to watch Gretna play St Mirren at love street in what was probably one of the most dully boring game of football, no, any sport, I have ever seen. Some might say, 'a nervous a game' but not me. I would say a boring game, despite St Mirren’s 2-0 victory (Hooray). There may have been an element of the pre-match Guiness having an over calming effect. Must say that I missed the first goal as Cat and I were checking the time to see how much time was left in the first half. Went for a quick drink before heading back on the train to meet Mr Bob and L to go for a Chinese and some beer. Poor Mrs Fridge had one small micro glass of champagne to celebrate us being due. I had to help out and take her share of the rest.

Sunday - flat had to have the windows opened as the spicy Chinese meal with taosing (sp) beer really showed that I have a healthy digestive system . . . 'nuff said. Then we cleaned out our property empire ready for a hopefully quick sale - anybody want to buy a flat?

Just before tea time : got a cold call from Unicorn Wireless trying to sell me a mobile phone contract : it did not help that he called me McGrath. I think that Mike (are there many people called Mike in the Philippines?) got a surprise when I told him that I am registered TPS (Telephone Preference Service) and since he had given me the company name and number that they were now h=going to have a complaint filed against the company and a £1500 fine could be imposed per phone call. He got upset and told me that, “1, the company was too big to complain against and, 2, if I did I would die.” It is clearly a different part of the world that Mike lives in. Mike hung up on me after he asked me what ‘an arsehole’ was. Who am I but one to tell him the truth?

Mrs Fridge just arrived home so I am off to cater to the mother of my child’s needs.

POST SCRIPT : Mrs Dobber called to wish us well on my success with early fatherhood. Hello Mrs Dobber! I gave you the address for this so I hope you have read it! Mrs Dobber is a lovely lady and wife of Mr Dobber. WARNING : Never play card or board games with Mrs Dobber unless you have other people present in the room to act as witnesses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Fridge, have you posted your flat for sale on line? Thanks for the note about the chinese food.....ain't that special ;) Gotta love those telemarketers....NOT....I always ask them, "Did I ask you to call me?", then hang up...let them think on that for a spell. Love reading all the updates about Ice Cube....and Mrs. Fridge. Take Care ~ CowGirl!