Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mr Fridge Normal Day

Hello Reader,

A normal day today! I know this as I had sandwiches with me. I went to work, home and no packing, unpacking, cleaning or anything like that. In fact Mrs Fridge is on maternity leave so I have a housewife to come home to for the next coming months. I came home to a tidy flat, food ready, beer in glass and her standing dutifully by the dining table in nice clothes and hands clasped expectantly in front of her.

That said, going to work was not so much fun today. The temporary move has added a few city centre miles onto my route (which was fine Mon-Wed as I was in very early) but today the schools went back and it took me 1 hour 15 minutes to get in due to fat parents driving their equally fat kids to school in their fat carrying 4x4s and therefore clogging up the arteries of Edinburgh, which is not helped by a stupid amount of road works while we have new infrastructure fitted to make way for our new tram system.

Today I received the most stoopid letter I have seen in ages. (Not since I was told I was overcharged by Costco on my £41.98 purchase as it should have been £41.98) My bank sent me a letter saying. 'Thank you for letting us know that you have changed your address.'

They sent it to the old address.

One has to assume it is automated. For those who are worried about us being taken over and dominated and ruled by sentient computing machines need not worry. When letters like that from my bank, and Costco, are sent out then all we need to worry about is the Space Muppets that code them up and design the systems. At worst we would by ruled by officious bureaucrats who ignore common sense and what the population need or want. Hold on . . . it's too late . . . our political leaders are like that . . . (except for the SNP Scottish Government in Scotland, of course! Phew! Close one - just saved myself from an earful from Mr Fridge Dad on Saturday).

Oh! Hello to new reader, Huw, the cricket plank. Thanks for adding me and hope the journey back home went smoothly!

Booby - I have no contact me page on this . . . yet. You have my email. Had your number 2 child yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am surprised to hear that Mr Fridge has a housewife to come home to! I thought I was on maternity leave and taking time off to look after the fruit of his loins. I think Mr Fridge is in for a shock in a few weeks!