Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Post

Hello Reader,

If you thought that I had a rant last week when I described the marvelous attitude of our proud and hard working public sector workers then think again! I was truly humbled today by Maverick.

Maverick owns and works the independent garage we go to in Livingston and he does a great job with William and Lydia, not only in engineering but also in pricing, despite some generally dodgy chat. I usually have to pay more if my jokes are bad and if he remembers I am a St Mirren fan.

Anyway, I was humbled by the quality, quantity and sheer passion of his rant! I don't know if it was a passion that surfaced, a raw nerve that I touched or if he is equally as delusional as the Hearts owner. All that I did was humorously suggest that Hearts were going through a good patch, their best in quiet a while in fact : they won a friendly home game, so that's one in a row, and have so far managed to keep a manager for nearly 2 weeks now. There was even a rumour that he picked the team! Maverick went off on one, quoting Romananov and how he was right about the Larg's mafia, talent not being developed in Scotland and the bias against Hearts' different path. "Hearts have never been in such a great position!" I was clearly foolish to point out that Hearts are £20 odd million in debt, have a team full of Lithuanians and Nigerians and finished in the bot om six for the first time in years. My ears still hurt.

Well done though, a true fan is a rare thing and Maverick certianly is!

Fortunately Maverick is off on a holiday this week, which is a good thing as he clearly has some need of rest and relaxation. Have a good holiday, Maverick!

Mrs Fridge continues to blossom and from this picture you can see she is pregggggnannnt! Bless, she is doing such a good job and looking great but Ice Shelf, who has been busy kicking, elbowing and pushing her/his/his/her bottom out, is truly getting ready for his/her/her/his debut in 6 weeks time.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Fridge, Sending prayers and good vibes from across 'the pond' for an easy and quick delivery. Kathy K. (Raleigh, NC)